We plan programmes using the New Zealand Curriculum Te Whāriki
For each child this curriculum involves:
Can I trust you?
- having their daily needs met with care and sensitivity
- experiencing a safe, but stimulating environment
- having their needs responded to
- being supported through change
- having people enjoy their successes
- learning to care for others
Do you know me?
- acknowledging that parents are paramount and know their child best
- building a partnership with their parents
- having their family’s culture valued and enjoyed
- having people get to know them and their family
- experiencing routines that are familiar
- feeling that they belong and have a place in the centre
- knowing the limits and boundaries of acceptable behaviour
- learning to follow directions
Is this place fair to me?
- encouragement to be part of a group
- learning to share and wait for a turn
- having their choices respected
- understanding their own rights and the rights of others
- being respected for themselves
- having their learning style valued
Do you hear me?
- being supported in their interactions with adults and other children
- being able to express a point of view
- enjoying stories, action games, finger plays, songs, drama, role playing, pretending, handling books
- making counting and math games fun
- finding out about patterns and shapes
- learning about spatial relationships (over, under, inside outside, between, beside, behind, in front)
- being able to express themselves using a wide range of materials
Do you let me fly?
- being permitted to play, as it is through play that learning takes place
- having their curiosity encouraged
- developing their confidence in using a variety of strategies for exploring
- encouragement to move freely to develop large and small muscle group and to build confidence in their bodies
engaging their minds to meet challenges
- having their world extended through language , science, maths, physical skills
- receiving encouragement to persist when difficulties arise
- learning to make sense of the natural, social, physical, and material worlds
The curriculum is implemented through Play as children are highly motivated by play. Their intellectual development occurs through play that encourages social relationships, language, number understanding, reading, questioning, problem-solving, early writing —EVERYTHING.
What parents are saying about us!
Well my child is off to school and again I am so grateful for the fantastic environment of Country Kids. She has loved every minute of J4kids. You guys make so much difference to how our kids grow, develop and learn. Thanks heaps for the time my daughter has spent in your capable hands. Best wishes
Thank you so much for your wonderful care of our children over the last few years. They have very happy memories of their time here, and the special relationships made with their teachers, and the other children. We’ve always been so impressed with the fun, energy, and genuine interest and caring of our children. There is always a high level…READ MORE
To Country Kids Well this is the end of an era – about 6 years long. Our children have been through the doors and onto school well prepared. I know they have had the very best of care and help to prepare them for life at school – and beyond. Thanks so much for all your hard work, time and…READ MORE
To all the wonderful staff at Country Kids, You all have been AMAZING in helping our kids grow & learn & experience such great fun opportunities over the last 10 YEARS You are all AWESOME & ROCK! We will miss you all so much
To the wonderful staff at Country Kids, How do you say goodbye? But more importantly, how do you say thank you? Country Kids has played a significant part in the Early Childhood Years of our two girls. The growth and confidence we have observed of our girls has been priceless! We have enjoyed and loved everything about Country Kids from…READ MORE
Hello, my 4 year old (Jaylee) started Country Kids 2 weeks ago. Friends had told me about Country Kids “check out County kids, it’s amazing”, “the teachers are wonderful”, “the kids will love it”, so I knew Jaylee and I were in for a treat when we visited Country Kids. What I didn’t expect was the warm welcome we received…READ MORE