In Just 4 Kids children are supported and challenged to become confident and competent learners secure in their sense of belonging and in the knowledge that they make a valued contribution to the world.
Just 4 Kids Philosophy
- We focus on learning alongside others. The Māori concept of ako (life long learners) informs our holistic approach to development.
- When teaching we build on a child’s personal interests to make their learning relevant and enriched with literacy, numeracy and positive social interactions.
- We encourage working alongside of peers and incorporate the tuakana-teina framework (older children helping the younger children).
- Our programme is built around routines, rituals and expectations while being part of a group – mahi tahi (group work & co-operation).
- We aim to have a true partnership between J4K and our families/whanau – ensuring the well-being of your children and providing them with the best learning aspirations and outcomes.
We endeavour to work alongside our local schools to ensure that our children have a smooth transition.
Our teachers provide continuity of care and education for our children. This leads to a feeling of safety, belonging and reciprocal relationships.
Ehara taku toa I te toa takitahi engari he tao takitini
I come not with my own strengths but bring with me the gifts, talents and strengths of my family, tribe and ancestors.
Just 4 Kids Teachers: Marg, Lorraine and Kylie
J4K runs as a 6 hour session, for 4 year old children
9am – 3pm – Mon to Thurs
9am – 1pm – Friday
What parents are saying about us!
Well my child is off to school and again I am so grateful for the fantastic environment of Country Kids. She has loved every minute of J4kids. You guys make so much difference to how our kids grow, develop and learn. Thanks heaps for the time my daughter has spent in your capable hands. Best wishes
Thank you so much for your wonderful care of our children over the last few years. They have very happy memories of their time here, and the special relationships made with their teachers, and the other children. We’ve always been so impressed with the fun, energy, and genuine interest and caring of our children. There is always a high level…READ MORE
To Country Kids Well this is the end of an era – about 6 years long. Our children have been through the doors and onto school well prepared. I know they have had the very best of care and help to prepare them for life at school – and beyond. Thanks so much for all your hard work, time and…READ MORE
To all the wonderful staff at Country Kids, You all have been AMAZING in helping our kids grow & learn & experience such great fun opportunities over the last 10 YEARS You are all AWESOME & ROCK! We will miss you all so much
To the wonderful staff at Country Kids, How do you say goodbye? But more importantly, how do you say thank you? Country Kids has played a significant part in the Early Childhood Years of our two girls. The growth and confidence we have observed of our girls has been priceless! We have enjoyed and loved everything about Country Kids from…READ MORE
Hello, my 4 year old (Jaylee) started Country Kids 2 weeks ago. Friends had told me about Country Kids “check out County kids, it’s amazing”, “the teachers are wonderful”, “the kids will love it”, so I knew Jaylee and I were in for a treat when we visited Country Kids. What I didn’t expect was the warm welcome we received…READ MORE