Country Kids is a fully licensed Early Childhood Education service – this means that we have met or exceeded all of the Ministry of Education requirements. Based in a purpose built facility in the village of Upper Moutere, we have been operating for over 20 years, and we are fortunate to be supported by a wonderful community
To achieve high quality early childhood education and care that is accessible to all families while meeting the needs of our community.
Country Kids is committed to providing a safe, fun learning environment, which takes advantage of its unique rural setting.
- Our professional teachers ensure the holistic development of all children in our care is nurtured.
- We see positive teacher/child relationships as fundamental to exciting learning and developmental opportunities for all.
- We utilise our rural environment which nurtures and broadens learning.
- Children play experiences are recognised as meaningful and valued.
- Children enjoy the importance of spontaneous play and taking part in a planned programme ensuring learning is extended.
- Country Kids are committed to teachers/staff individual and team professional development.
- Building strong relationships with parents/caregivers and the wider community through family/whānau involvement to celebrate and embrace our cultural diversity.
Community Owned and Managed
We are a community owned and managed, not for profit Incorporated Society with charitable status. Being non-profit-making means that all income is used for the benefit of the children. Membership of the Society is required and there is an annual fee of $15. This gives parents voting rights. Your management team appreciates any support, ideas and help from all members.